Houston Name Change

Quick, Affordable & Hassle Free!

Here Are The Top 10 Reasons That Many People Get A Houston Name Change:

1. Dislike Current Name

2. Changing Name Following Divorce

3. Wife Taking Husband’s Name upon Marriage

4. Changing Child’s Surname to Mother’s or Father’s

5. Couples Combining or Hyphenating Surnames to Form a New One

6. Desire for a Less or More “Ethnic” Name

7. Transgender Name Changes

8. Religious Reasons

9. Same-Sex Partners Sharing Surname

10. Political Statement


Whatever your reason for changing your name, Ramji & Associates can help!

Do You Hate Your Name?

Similar-sounding names that explode in popularity all at once usually become victims of their own success. However, no one really understands why certain names suddenly catch on in popularity — or fall out of favor. Often times names tend to trend based off current events or current pop culture.

At the other end of the spectrum are people who hate ordinary names. In the 1950s, the top 25 boys’ names and top 50 girls’ names were given to half of all babies born. Today, it would take the top 134 boys’ names and top 320 girls’ names to cover half of all babies born.

A name change request can come about simply because a person doesn’t like his or her name as given at birth.

In this same vein, people with names that could be embarrassing, especially if mispronounced or misspelled, may also seek name changes.

Having Second Thoughts About Your Baby’s Name?

Many people admit to having some regrets about their babies’ names, and that seems to be roughly in line with a 2009 survey that says 5% of parents would change their kid’s name if they had it to do over again.  The most common reasons people give for wanting to change their kid’s name is that:

a) The name is frequently mispronounced

b) The name has become too popular.


For years, Attorney Ramji has been helping his family law clients in the Houston area achieve their goals. Contact Ramji & Associates for an initial consultation regarding your name change or call 713-888-8888.